Thursday, August 30, 2007

Dandelions are good for......

Hubby had a kidney infection and even missed some work. He went to the Dr. and got some medication but it wasn't enough. I did some online research and found an herbal formula that was supposed to help for $30 a bottle plus shipping but he wanted to feel better now. I read the ingredients and we had 3 items right on hand that were good for the kidneys; beets, lemon balm, and dandelions. What do you know we had all three right in the garden. I cooked up some beets including the tops and while he ate those I brewed him a cup of herbal tea made from the lemon balm and dandelion leaves. After completing my "cure" his fever broke and he was finally hungry again. Felt good enough to eat the yummy cinnamon rolls sitting on the table.

No comments: