Saturday, September 1, 2007

How much do I spend on groceries?

This was a question from the dollar stretcher forums ( http://wwww.stretcher.com) How much do I spend on groceries. Usually I spend $100 a week. That's why I wrote a special report called How I Feed My Family of Ten on $100 a week. It's the free bonus if you sign up for our "Meat-Zine" at http://www.all-about-meat.com. Another question was what is the most you've ever spent on groceries. I think the most I've ever spent was when we first moved and had to restock our pantry. Winco is a hour away so we took the big van and filled up 3-4 carts. I think the total was just over $500. That food lasted a long time- but our basement flooded and we lost a few cases that were on the bottom level. I'd placed everything on wood- not the cement floor but the boxes still got wet. It was weird to pick up a can of vegetables and it had no liquid left in it when you'd shake it. The water had drained out. One more reason to be careful salvaging food after a natural disaster. Even sealed cans, or ones that appear to be sealed aren't necessarily sealed.

No comments: